Take the first step by completing a self-assessment:
Can you benefit from an anger management program? Take this self-assessment and see how you measure up. This self-assessment is meant to be an awareness tool. For a full assessment, please contact an Anger Management specialist today. This assessment is adapted in part from the NAMA Anger Management Assessment.
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following:
- Do you feel tense often?
- Do you feel Stressed out, pressured, or in a hurry?
- Is it difficult for you to change your viewpoint?
- Can you manage conflict with others in a non-aggressive way?
- Do people tell you that you are difficult to talk to?
- Can you understand the way others feel when you are angry?
- When you get angry is it intense and does it last for longer then you would like?
- Do you interrupt others when they are speaking?
- Do you often get irritated when people don’t agree with you?
- Do you regret your actions when you get angry?
How many “yes” answers did you have?
Low Anger Level (0-2)
Your anger is currently under control, but it has the potential to get out of control.
Moderate Anger Level (3-5)
Your anger is likely having a negative impact on your life and you would benefit from an anger management class to help you learn Anger Management skills. These skills include communication skills, stress management techniques and emotional intelligence enhancement.
Severe Anger Level (6+)
Based on your scores you have severe difficulty managing your anger and would benefit from an anger management program.